Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Cool Perfumes


'Cool' as in cooling for hot weather - I'm loving today's mini heatwave!


I posted a feature last summer on perfumes for hot weather, you can read it Here

I don't have too many to add to those choices, they're still some of my favourites, and today I'm wearing Prada's Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger - an uplifting soapy, not too sweet orange blossom.

Other perfumes I'd add to those on last year's list are Kelly Caleche in edt by Hermes - a refreshing grapefruit/floral with underlying leather notes. I'm also finding some of the Middle East-inspired Oud perfumes appealing. That dry, smoky woodiness is also most refreshing in hot weather - not disimilar in effect to vetiver perfumes. One of my favourites is MFK's Silk Mood, which opens on a beautiful light, sweet rose and develops its more Oud-yness into drydown.




3 comments:

  1. I can't believe it has been a year! I remember reading that post :)

    I spend most of my summer in a heavily AC'ed office so I do not really need "summer" perfumes. Still I'm wearing lighter scents: for example, many of Jo Malone's perfumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I missed this comment Undina, most remiss of me! Yes the time flies by! Jo Malone are ideal for work, I bet you break out the unusual perfumes when you get home though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually I use evenings for testing so I do get a lot of "unusualness" :)

      Delete